I have learned that people can be cruel, selfish, disgusting, greedy, cheap. I know I should know this by now in life and I do. BUT- never have I seen it through the eyes of a server until today. Today was my thirds serving shift and I got, stiffed on a check of $48.00, tipped $2 on a $80.00 check and all of my tables were needy.
Y'all know I like etiquette so here it comes:
If you are going out to eat...
* Make sure you can afford the tip
* Make sure you are polite
* Know that your server is serving because they need money
* If you have a problem with your server to not lash out- ask for the manager
* ALWAYS at least tip 15% unless they were a completely horrible server
* If you are going to go out and not tip at least 15% just don't come out it will affect your service if you come back in the future (servers look out for each other)
Sorry for the Rant- but all weekend I have been serving and have just seen a terrible side of people to where it makes my stomach sick.
I am going to catch up on Church videos
Have a blessed Sunday!